Wednesday, January 22, 2020

2010s Decade In Review

You know I got to thinking about it, at first I didn't think ten year increments were that important, but I was thinkin', you know I really got a lot done this last decade.  In 2012 I started a tumblr, that was my first experience with really doing internety stuff, and since then I've started a bunch of blogs and things, including this one.  In 2014 I wrote my first NaNoWriMo novel.  That was the first time I'd written an entire first draft of a novel, and now I've got a bunch of drafts of stories lying around.  And in 2016 I published a coloring book.  That was the first time I'd published a book, so yay.  All three of these things: social media; writing novels; and publishing books are achievements.  So I'm pretty happy about all that.

The 2010s were for me, a beginning.  I've raised the anchor, unfurled the sails, caught the wind and steered a course out of the harbor.  My nostrils are filled with the scent of adventure, and I can hardly wait to see what the new decade will bring.

At least as far as artwork and writing are concerned.